Secure, Self-Sufficient Tropical Safe Haven Estates
The definition of “safe haven” is: “a place of refuge or security”. For eons people everywhere have been creating secure, Safe Havens. This is where their personal, legal, and economic rights & assets are most secure; in stable, peaceful countries with beneficial financial systems; low taxes; and bountiful agricultural conditions allowing them to grow and catch food. These are in beautiful, secure locations where owners come & go as they please – by boat, vehicle or air. In Belize, Dominica & Costa Rica they benefit from a pleasant sub-tropical climate, and a hurricane risk significantly lower than the coastal USA.
- State-of-the-Art Off-Grid Power & Communications
- Abundant Fresh Water & Rainwater Harvesting
- Mature Kitchen Gardens
- High-Production Fruit Orchards
- Twice-Yearly Harvests
- Row Crop & Vegetable Production
- Grazing Pastures
- World Class Fishing
- Secure Docks
- Gated Roads
- Private Airstrip
- Appreciating Property Values
InTheTropics offers a number of luxury “Safe Haven” estates, featuring completely self-sustaining, off-grid power/ water/ communication/ & food production. See our best turnkey properties, below. They are equipped and staffed for serious 24/7/365 security, yet are inexpensive to maintain. They feature state-of-the-art communications & entertainment systems, and are accessible by road, by air, and by sea ~ from anywhere in the world. With ample freshwater, rainwater-collection & filtering systems, creeks, and trustworthy solar/wind power systems with computerized generator backup.
Live in air-conditioned comfort – safe in our planet’s most pristine tropical environments.
In your safe haven, you will need food: Our gardens, orchards and farms yield at least two harvests each year. They are in lush, fertile areas noted for high-producing fruit orchards. Several properties have well-managed commercial fruit orchards and/or row-crops now yielding profits with little effort on the owner’s part. Some have cattle, horses, chickens, ducks and other animals. Several are oceanfront with private docks & piers for ocean-going boats, yet elevated for safety in all weather. Others are in defensible mountain locations. Totally private and secure, most are within easy access of the international airport with daily flights from Cancun, Los Angeles, Houston, Miami, Atlanta ~ and the world. Most are in Belize – a friendly, English-speaking, British commonwealth country, with British troops, stable currency & government, and a laid-back Caribbean lifestyle. Another estate is in the Costa Rican mountains. The island of Dominica has excellent benefits you’ll want to know about for foreigners relocating there. We have pulled out of Honduras.
Why Belize? It is a small, tropical, British Commonwealth country with a culture of self-reliance. It is protected by British Troops. Its rule of law is based on the English legal system. Foreigners here may own freehold land title. Taxes are ridiculously low. It harbours one of the largest & healthiest reef environments on the planet. Its population density is one of the lowest in the Western Hemisphere.
We are now creating off-grid, ultra-secure, safe-haven estates,
in spectacular locations.
Craftsmanship and modern technology are right out of Architectural Digest,
with embassy-grade security & communications.
We will help you find yours – what are your specifications?
An owner may come and go here whenever they please. Each home has on-site watchmen who keep the property running smoothly and secure in the owner’s absence ~ at an economical cost. Most are furnished and have workshops, some with 4WD vehicles and boats. Several are income-producing properties with vacation rental and/or farm income. All continue to appreciate in value, inexorably, decade after decade.
This is where you will want to be WTSHTF.
In case ‘TS’ doesn’t ‘HTF’, you’ll hold freehold title to an epic tropical retreat,
in a verdant, laid-back place ~ with low taxes and sustained high value.
As you can see, we have thought this “Safe Haven” idea out carefully. Having built and equipped such a coastal safe-haven estate ourselves, we can provide unique insight. When I am coming in-country, my watchman picks us up at the airport in my 4WD vehicle. Beer is cold and dinner is ready when we get home. Our solar & wind power system works so well that our back-up propane generator rarely comes on except for maintenance checks. Our off-grid home is air-conditioned. We have a modern kitchen, laundry, a luxurious swimming pool, outdoor showers, and a workshop.
Leave New York in the morning, be in Belize before noon, with a boat or SUV waiting.
Sitting on the dock at night, we see the Milky Way in incredible detail. The fishing is world-class. The MesoAmerican Barrier Reef is nearby for fantastic snorkeling, diving and sailing. Miles of private, untouched Caribbean beaches are close by.
We offer secure, self-sufficient properties of 15, 28, 50, 125, 250,178, 900 acres, and more. Most are off-grid with their own power, water and food production. All have full-time, on-site security. Some are ocean-front. Some are mountain properties. A few are coastal mountaintop properties with spectacular Caribbean views. For security reasons, many properties are not identified publicly.
Please contact us directly for details, locations, pricing ~ and to make an appointment to visit.
Here are just a few examples of turnkey Safe Haven properties:
• 23-Acre Safe Haven Estate on the Island Nation of Dominica: this property is 20 minutes from a regional airport; approximately 1,500-ft above sea level in the central highlands; on relatively level ground with gentle slopes. In a beautiful, forested area, it is close to the Central Forest Reserve and National Trails. It includes a solid concrete house & garage; a wooden house with storage shed; and a packing shed. There are 3 freshwater creeks and several natural springs on the property, and a tributary of the Layou River borders the property. Most of the primary timber species can be found on this property. It is cultivated with a number of agricultural crops including citrus, coconuts, bananas, breadfruit, root crops, exotic fruits, cacao, coffee, etc. Ask us about a Dominica Passport; Seller will subdivide. $920,000 ~ Bitcoin accepted.
• Spectacular, 28-Acre Caribbean Beach Estate in Belize, with two very-private beach villas, and 1/2 kilometer of beautifully landscaped, high-sand, Caribbean swimming beach, 1-mile private gated road; completely off-grid & secure. The wiring needs work, and the solar system is due for upgrade, which can all be easily accomplished and suited to your specific needs. Perfect for epic entertaining: SOLD
• Stunning Views from this 50-Acre Mountain Estate ~ completely off-grid, self-sufficient & secure ~ with panoramic views deep in the heart of Belize’s lush Chiquibul Forest; with a spacious, three-bedroom, craftsman-built home. This will fit your family and friends with separate quarters and a stunning foodservice/ bar/ lounge overlooking the world; separate guest quarters for many additional guests; large workshops w/full-power; garages; storage; state-of-technology power/ water/ communications/ security. This is now an income producing property, licensed as a commercial B&B. Much more, clear-title, turnkey: Price Reduced to $495,000
• 125-Acre Western Lagoon Estate in Belize, built for epic water sports. It has two private homes plus a watchman’s cabin, fruit trees, and an a large boat dock. Also 1,000 ft frontage on Belize’s scenic Western Lagoon, with road access from the Coastal Road and an airstrip nearby. It is within an IUCN Marine Wildlife Sanctuary. No neighbors for miles. Water ski and jet ski off the dock. Surrounded by smome of the best sport fishing in the world, plus quick ocean access! Bring your guests here from a marina in Belize City for the jungle river trip of their lives, through seaside-lagoon wild-bird sanctuaries. Must be seen to be believed. Price Reduced to $399,000
• 223-Acre Estate with a 6,000 sq ft reinforced concrete villa (see photo above), fruit orchards, gardens, pasture, hardwood trees, beautifully set in the spectacular Maya Mountain foothills near Belize’s coast; with freshwater creeks, ponds, ducks & chickens, & many extras; embassy-grade communications & security including cameras, and metal detector at front gate of mile-long driveway.: Bring your designer! $799,000 ~ owner financing ~ obo ~ make an offer !
• Spectacular 900-ac Ranch & Estate in the Talamanca Mountains of Puntarenas, Costa Rica, surrounded in cloud forest with 100 waterfalls and pure rushing rivers on site. Modern craftsman-built home and comfortable guest cottages, private pub, study centre, hot tubs, schoolhouse, stables, clubhouse, outside bar, extensive gardens, staff quarters, and a spectacular cloud-chapel ~ all off-grid and sustainable. $1.8mm
• 10-Acre Organic Mayan Farm with 500ft frontage on the fast-flowing, crystal-clear Mullins River 6 miles upstream from the sea, and 7 miles off Belize’s beautiful Hummingbird Highway. Caribbean breezes by day, cello mountain breezes at night. Completely chemical-free, self-fertilizing with nitrogen-producing ground cover and traditional Mayan trees, shrubs and heirloom nursery plants. This property is far off-grid, with an old Airstream Trailer; $85,000
• 1,514-Acre Caribbean Beach Property. More than a mile of stunning Caribbean beach; Property extends west into the dramatic karst foothills of the Maya Mountains; Magnificent Caribbean panoramas; Potable mountain streams running year-round; Citrus & fruit groves; Two private, secure beach villas with off-grid power systems; Private ocean-access canals; Frontage on both sides of a public road along which runs grid power; Private paved airstrip accommodates any aircraft licensed to fly in Belize; Eighteen miles by road (14 mi by sea) to nearest supply town; 24/7/365 security; Eleven miles offshore is MesoAmerican Barrier Reef; $- Under Contract-$
• 2,020-Acre Caribbean Beach Property. Almost two miles of private, prime Caribbean beach; Property extends west into the dramatic karst foothills of the Maya Mountains; Magnificent Caribbean panoramas; Potable mountain streams run year-round; Citrus & fruit groves; Aqua-culture ponds; Private ocean-access canals; Frontage on both sides of Coastal Highway along which runs grid power; Private, paved airstrip accommodates any aircraft licensed to fly in Belize; Seventeen miles by road (13 mi by sea) to nearest supply town; 24/7/365 security; Eleven miles offshore is MesoAmerican Barrier Reef; Deepwater ocean access; $- Under Contract-$
• 10,000-Acre Belize Mountain Stronghold Overlooking the Caribbean Sea. On Belize’s strategic Coastal Road with gated roads leading up into the dramatic karst foothills of the Maya Mountains, and down to the waterfront; 15 mountaintop villas (some unfinished); Resort infrastructure; 350+ acres profitable citrus & fruit groves; Rushing white-water streams; Frontage on Southern Lagoon for sheltered harbour with nearby ocean access; Pristine, high-canopy rainforest; Private airstrip nearby; 24/7/365 security; much more: $- Under Contract-$
For security reasons, many of these properties are not publicly identified on the internet.
We hope you appreciate our attention to security and safety.
CHECK OUT THESE BUILDING SITES :
within two Safe-Haven Residential Communities which are being independently built in Coastal Belize:
All are private & secure. All have public road access, and some are right on Belize’s finest Caribbean beach. Dock permits are available. Entry roads are built.
• Three-Acre Caribbean Building Sites 195 ft of high-sand Caribbean beach, well-elevated and forested with mature coconut palms & hardwoods; entry road & drainage culvert in place. $129,000
• Five-Acre Caribbean Beach Site with 328 feet of high-sand Caribbean beach, well-elevated, cleared land with several coconut palms. A cul-de-sac entry road has been built. $320,000
• Coral Reef Island Lot: This lot is part of a well-planned, off-grid eco-development on Long Caye at Lighthouse Reef. Lighthouse Reef is one of very few true “coral atolls” in the Western Hemisphere. It is a 1/4-acre lot, near the reception dock and not far from the island’s restaurant & resort. In one of the most famous scuba diving locations in the world, directly facing some of this planets premier dive sites, and almost within sight of the Blue Hole, this island has scheduled water taxi service from Belize City. It is by far the closest residential or resort accommodation location to Lighthouse Reef, The Blue Hole, and Half Moon Caye national park: $36,000
• Seven-Acre Caribbean Beach Resort with 600+ ft of groomed Caribbean beach, and an off-grid 12-unit beach resort. $SOLD$ (this resort is currently being re-built to become a world-class dive resort with a brew-pub, pool, beach cabanas, and residential beach condos.)
• Ten-Acre Caribbean Beach Site with 328 feet of high-sand Caribbean beach, well-elevated, cleared land with coconut palms. A cul-de-sac entry road has been built, with excellent building sites on this fine beach. $430,000
• Fifteen-Acre Arabu Ranch Site near the sea, at Mile #19 of Belize’s strategic Coastal Highway. Situated on open savanna surrounded by the exotic Maya Mountains, where these spectacular jungled hills come closest to the sea. Locked, gated entry driveways are built. $SOLD
• Twenty-Acre Arabu Ranch Site near the sea, at Mile #20 of Belize’s strategic Coastal Highway. Situated on open savanna surrounded by the exotic Maya Mountains, where these spectacular jungled hills come closest to the sea. Locked, gated entry driveways are built. $SOLD
• Twenty-Five-Acre Mountain View Estate in Arabu Ranch; near the sea, at Mile #20 of Belize’s strategic Coastal Highway. Spectacular home is being built with panoramic mountain views where these spectacular jungled hills come closest to the sea. Locked, gated entry driveway leads through high-canopy forest to the hilltop home site. $SOLD$
• Forty-Acre Arabu Ranch Horse Farm near the sea, at Mile #20 of Belize’s strategic Coastal Highway. With dramatic hilltop views, freshwater creeks, and cleared pasture. Locked, gated entry driveway. $SOLD$
• 490-Acre Caribbean Beach Property. Natural high-sand Caribbean beach, forested with mature coconut palms & hardwoods; with public road access. Several freshwater ponds to provide water, 1 km of ocean frontage to the east, and Southern Lagoon frontage to the west. $ Inquire $
• 178-Acre Caribbean Beach Hide-out. Enjoy Caribbean sunrises in this old-school, off-grid beach house. It is on a private, natural high-sand Caribbean beach. Directly offshore you will experience some of the world’s best tarpon fishing. Beyond the beach it is forested with open savanna, mature coconut palms & hardwoods. It has public road access from Belize’s Coastal Highway. Several freshwater ponds on-site can provide household water. 400 ft of ocean beach is on the property’s east, and 1/4 mile of seaside lagoon frontage to the west – this property extends across a mile-wide isthmus. Boat access from anywhere! $ Inquire about owner financing $
• 950 acres of Prime Caribbean Beach, with over one mile on Belize’s finest natural, high-sand beach with a great Maya Mountain backdrop. This property extends from the Caribbean Sea, inland more than a mile. It then borders on pristine Tooths Lagoon – part of the Southern Lagoon estuary system, which is a protected harbour with quick Caribbean boat access. Completely undeveloped, with public road access from the strategic Coastal Highway. This property is beautiful ~ off-grid and sustainable. A number of international investors are creating large safe-haven estates in this vicinity, as it is close to the international airport, it is very private and secure, and has some of the best sport fishing (tarpon!) in the world. This location is the closest mainland demarcation spot to the famous Lighthouse Reef (Great Blue Hole) and the southern half of Turneffe Atoll. $4.8mm
Contact us directly for details, GPS locations, pricing, photos, and to schedule a visit.
If you are considering establishing a private safe haven, our special skillsets can help.
We also have listings of undeveloped coral-reef islands, profit-producing farms, as well as river-front, creek-side, mountaintop, and ocean-front properties ~ ideal for the development of a private, sustainable safe-haven for your family & friends. We can show you how. “Off-grid sustainable” is our specialty. Ask us.
Please contact InTheTropics Network for details and locations.